It is never too late to start! If you have opened this article – Top 8 Ways to Curb Your Smoking Habit, you probably have taken the decision to quit smoking. Congratulations! However, you must remember that this journey is not going to be an easy one. All you need to do is hold on tight and believe in yourself. Well, apparently you will need help on the way! Moving towards a healthier lifestyle is going to take a lot of dedication. Keeping this fact in mind, here are 8 ways to curb the smoking habit that you must try when you are trying to quit.
Top 8 Ways to Curb Your Smoking Habit
- Ask for Support – The first thing you need to do is to tell your decision to someone who you trust. This way they will keep you motivated throughout the journey and will keep a check on your progress. You can also speak to them whenever you feel like smoking, and they will direct you back on track.
- Follow an Exercise Routine – If you are looking for an ideal way to limit your tendency to smoke, then you must follow an exercise routine. This will help you increase your focus, and your mind will be more concentrated while you involve yourself in physical activities. If you are a beginner, exercising for half an hour every day is more than enough.
- Keep Yourself Engaged – You can do anything to prevent yourself from going for a cigarette. Involve yourself in plenty of activities that involve your creativity, attention, concentration and the use of your hands. Basically, the idea here is to keep your mind off of the thought of having a cigarette because you have something to do.
- Exercise Proper Breathing – Yes, you read that right! You can practice breathing exercises that will help you quit smoking. These exercises help reduce anxiety and mental stress which will, in turn, defer you from smoking again. You must practice this exercise wherever you can find fresh air.
- Remain Hydrated – If you are one of those who begin their day by lighting up a smoke, then you should specifically consider keeping yourself more hydrated. Try starting your day with a glass of water and have enough liquids throughout the day and you will start feeling the difference. Water also has a number of added health benefits, and it will help you clean your body from inside.
- Keep Smokers Away – Another important thing to do is to keep away from those people who inspire you to smoke or are constant smokers. These people will increase your urge to smoke and might lead you to lose control of yourself. If this is a bit difficult, you can always ask such people, not to smoke when they are around you.
- Munch Munch Munch – You will reduce your will to smoke if you regularly include fresh raw fruits and vegetables in your meals and snacks. You can keep a bowl of grapes or carrots on your desk while you are working so that you do not feel the need to smoke while sitting idle. Also eating fresh raw fruits and vegetables have their own list of added health benefits that will make you healthy.
- Switch to Alternatives – If you are a heavy smoker, it would be impossible for you to stop right away. So it is suggested that you try out alternatives to smoking. Nowadays, nicotine alternatives are very popular among people who are trying to quit. The best vape kits in the UK are now available at your convenience. These e-cigarettes will give you a tobacco-free smoking experience and will gradually help you get over this deadly habit.
Your craving to smoke will only last a few minutes and as you progress you will see the improvements yourself. Taking these ways to curb your smoking habit into account is undoubtedly going to help. Just make sure to have a better company and a positive attitude through your journey.
Sarah Williams is a successful business woman who has a great interest in diverse subjects. She has learned a lot at the hands of every experience – good or bad. Her write-ups are a true manifestation of her rich experiences and her eventful life.