Police Issue Warnings to Vape Users in the UK
Today various news outlets in the UK reported the latest news that police in the UK have issued warnings to motorists in regards to vape whilst driving. It is true to say vaping and driving is not illegal just as smoking is not illegal whilst driving. However under new warnings issued today police will be looking to use powers of fines of up to £2,500, penalty points or driving bans if the driver is found to be driving without due care and diligence.
The concerns arise with the fact that many vape devices are capable of producing large amounts of vapour which in turn can limit the driver’s vision and increase the risk of a crash. Police have now deemed vaping and driving as being a distraction using parts of the driving whilst using a mobile phone law which again looks at mobile phones as a distraction.
The warnings came today as reports that there are 3 million e-cig users currently in the UK and the majority of those users also drive.
Tips for Vape Users When Driving
Regardless of whether you are new to vaping or have been vaping a long time we all know just how cloudy things can become when you are vaping. I for one get moaned at for vaping inside the house because it becomes too cloudy. Couple this with a confined space and things will become very cloudy indeed. A few tips when driving –
- Open windows, this will allow vapour to clear from the vehicle fast. Even opening the windows an inch or two will work wonders. Opening rear windows will also help.
- Do not vape directly into your field of vision. This is stating the obvious but we still see people doing it!
- Use lower VG juices whilst driving or invest in a pod-based system which gives you the hit of the nicotine without all of the clouds.
- No dripping! Get a squonk. Two hands should be in control of the vehicle at all times. Dripping and driving is a definite no-no, particularly after today’s warnings. There are products on the market such as the EZ-Dripper which allows you to push your RDA towards this device to get a squirt of liquid into it to continue vaping. Squonking is much easier.
- Keep vision clear, make sure your windows are cleaned regularly. Vaping in cars causes a film to appear on the windscreen that could limit your vision. A solution of hot water and fairy liquid works for me. There are even reports that a small amount of shaving foam helps to clean this off and add a barrier on the windscreen to help stop build up.
I wanted to share this with you to raise awareness, even though some of this is stating the obvious!
I am Jay (VapingWithJay) and I am a passionate vaper from the UK. Not only an avid vaper but I love nothing more than to share my thoughts on the latest products in the industry and helping others on their vaping journeys. Happy reading and vape on!