Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA Introduction
Today we’re going to introduce the Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA. A new concept RDTA that will be released by Vapefly. It’s a 22.2mm-diameter RDTA, uniquely designed for confronting some of the common issues of RDAs (e.g. over-spilling from over-squonking) and RTAs (e.g. longer vapour’s travel to your mouth).
Read on to find out its design “secrets”, as there are quite a few more.
Specs & Features
- Diameter: 22.2mm
- Height Without Driptip: 28.5mm
- Coil: Single
- Capacity: 2ml
- Thread: 510
- 360° surrounding airflow for top-notch flavor
- Spring-loaded top filling port for leakage proof
- Unique anti-heat top cap’s design
- 2ml glass tube for ample liquid storage
- Gold-plated BF pin
Consists of 5 parts:
Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA Packaging List
- Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA (2ml)
- a spare glass tube
- an extra longer driptip
- 2 Ni80 pre-wrapped coils (26 ga, 2.5 mm-bore, 1Ω) and cotton
- BF pin
- triple screwdriver
- spare o-rings & screws
- a manual
- A squonk RDTA equipped with a dual liquid-replenishing system of the tank, which comprises:
- refilling the tank through a usual bf pin (using a squonk bottle of a squonk mod), avoiding thus any over-spilling when over-squonking or tilting the atomizer (a usually happens with RDAs) ,
- refilling the tank through a uniquely designed spring-loaded filling valve-funnel on the deck (at one side of the posts), which opens when you push in every type of usual liquid bottle’s nozzles and then seals (retracted) back when you remove the bottle’s nozzle.
- A single-coil build in a two-post concave deck, higher positioned over the tank, closer to your mouth for less vapour’s travel that it is known as ensuring more flavour.
- A combined bottom and slanted side-airflow system providing a wide-range of precise airflow adjustments:
- with a deck’s air-feeding system incorporating a small bottom air hole and two “side” airflow holes on the posts. The air-feed from those two air holes is bilaterally hitting the single coil slantwise to the lower part of its lateral sides, while each one of the posts’ air holes are adjusted by a screw on each post.
- with 2 opposite-positioned sets of air holes (of different diameters) on the top cap, which air-feed the two opposite-positioned air holes of the base that guide the air to the deck’s three air holes simultaneously. The top cap’s air holes are six on one side and three on the other side, so you can selected either to air-feed the coil from the bottom and bilaterally or from the bottom and unilaterally (for achieving a very tight draw).
- A top cap carrying:
- two protruding “rings” at its outer top construction for increasing top cap’s surface area to act as a heat sink.
- a double-domed internal top (a compound dome design with a dome over a dome), confining a vaporization chamber with a two-level gradual compression of vapour, for providing a smoother compression of vapour’s flow towards the drip tip, which avoids intense vapour’s vortex (known as decreasing flavour’s analysis).
- two opposite-positioned wide notches inside, for acting as a locking mechanism in conjunction with the deck’s negative post for easily unscrewing the RDTA from the mod, but at the same time permitting the rotation of the top cap for airflow adjustment.
- Two 510-driptips, a shorter one and a longer one with a slightly wider air-channel (of 6mm-diameter at its top). Both are suitable for tight MTL vaping, obviously giving prominence to flavour’s analysis.
Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA Video
That’s all for now!
I am so much intrigued by the Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA’s design features that I can’t wait to put it on extensive tests, before presenting to you my full review on it.
Vapefly is a manufacturer with remarkable atomizers’ designs so far. Each one of their atomizers is uniquely designed, also as a tutor for introduction to different types of vaping styles. Take, for example, their Galaxies MTL RDA. An MTL vaper can use it to easily enter the flavourful world of RDAs, keeping his/her MTL vaping style. Take, also, their Horus RTA. I consider it as a tutor for introducing an MTL vaper to DTL vaping.
Then, it’s their Wormhole RDA, which I consider it as an RDA-tutor for switching to dual-coil loose-DTL vaping from single-coil restricted DTL vaping. Also, there is their Nicolas MTL Tank, which is a clearomizer for helping smokers switch to vaping (with the help of its very tight MTL vaping puffs, similar to the smoker’s usual draw). Last but not least, I can’t forget their Galaxies MTL RTA as an easy to setup and use, whole-day vaping, bottom-airflow RTA with no leakage issues whatsoever.
Vapefly’s designers must be Physicists besides engineers. The design thinking behind their designs’ implementations “betrays” it. I hope, someday soon, Vapefly will turn its interest to regulated mods, too, with the same inspiration and severity.
I am not in the vaping business. I found vaping as the escape door from my 25 years of smoker’s imprisonment. It just took me four days of attempting to totally get out of it, thanks to the appropriate –for me- “equipment” (includes e-liquids). Now, vaping “equipment” has become another one of my fields of interest, for helping others to discover, on their own, their personally appropriate “equipment”.
I am a hands-on enthusiast… by genes. I am triggered by everything that evokes any data already stored in my knowledge base, been a Physicist and an Electronics Engineer (for more than 35 years). I am intrigued by everything new that my knowledge-filter considers interesting enough to be analyzed for entering into my memory compartment. That’s why you will find me open-minded and out-of-the-box thinking. I have an urge for unfolding hidden “pictures” of design thinking on everything man-made.