Wood Vape – Modder of the Week
Sup Vapers, welcome back. In this column, we will interview vape modders around the world and share their vape stories. Today I will present you 2 modders, a father and a son who created the fantastic vape brand: Wood Vape!
October 22nd this year was their 2nd anniversary and I managed to interview them and talk about their brand.
– What’s your name and what’s your brand name?
– Our names are Vincenzo and Jenny, owners of Wood Vape.
– How did you get into the world of vaping?
– Vincenzo: My son introduced me to this world. He literally catapulted me in to it.
– Jenny: I noticed it while I was trying to stop smoking and a partner presented it to me. So I started this route to join the vaping world.
-Who is a modder for you?
– In the beginning, a modder was like an artist that created a mod from nothing. Now a modder is a good programmer, a designer, and an artist. So it is someone that can create with every type of materials and technique and produce a good aesthetic and functional product.
-How did you become a modder and what is the history of your brand?
-Vincenzo: We started 2 years ago on the 22nd of October. It all began as a game. Jenny insisted on asking me to create a mod for him as I was really good at shaping wood even though I am not a carpenter. I finally created a box for him and some shopkeepers appreciated it. The same night they all were in our home discussing it with us. After that, we started producing ‘wooden box’.
-The other day you told me your birthday was your first expo, how was it?
– Yes, the 22nd of October, 2 years ago, we participated in our first event, the Vape Italy in Rome in collaboration with eciggitaly, the same shop that pushed us inside this world. A fantastic experience, we really like the expo environment.
-How is your brand now?
– Right now we just finished the Stabilized wood and Derlyn project for the Grain Mod. A variant of the last box presented in an event in Verona. A circuited box where you do not see the circuit or wires.
This morning we were also creating some embryonic blueprints for the next projects. This thing helps us when creating new ideas but sometimes creates a bit of a problem because we also have to produce the other box mods. But this is what modders do when we finish a project we instantly feel empty as we don’t have things to do, lol. You know, nothing satisfies me more than finishing 30 pieces of the same mod to produce more of them. I always want something new.
-As materials and tools go, what do you use?
-Vincenzo: I think if you come in our workshop, you’ll find we have a drill press that is 20 years old.
-Which of your products represents you best?
– We think the last one represents us the best.
– Jenny: You also have to know that the hardest part is working with me.
–Vincenzo: Yes, he is more of an expert than me about vaping, so sometimes he comes out with some crazy ideas and gives me input that is impossible to work with. So from those guidelines, it often starts quarrels.
-Jenny: But you know what, in the end, it turns out that the idea I purposed was doable and everything gets back to normal, haha.
–Vincenzo: I think more about making the creation, while he thinks more about the passion part. We had the biggest quarrels on the creation of the fire button of the Grain. The story behind it needs a separate article haha.
– Can you tell us any funny experience you had as a modder?
-Jenny: I think the funniest things happen when we prepare everything for an event. Every time we arrive the day before the expo, we live together, we work together, we do everything together, but we always end everything in the same way.
-Which question would you like me to ask?
-Vincenzo: I would like you to ask me what we do not like about this vaping world. The answer is that if I look at this world the modder market is going down, you see more commercial products. Even in some Facebook groups, we do not talk anymore about modders’ products.
-Jenny: We cannot say this to the consumer as the product costs more than the commercial ones, but we are losing the valorization of the really good mods.
–Vincenzo: For example, we can talk about reviews. It is impossible that every product produced right now for some reviewer is perfect. These things deceive the customer and bypass him.
–Most important question, what do you think is missing from the vaping word to overcome cigarettes?
-Jenny: The credibility, sure they aren’t the best thing for our body as only oxygen should go in our lungs, but there is too much fake news going around. They want us to trust that they are worse than cigarettes. But from experience, I can say, that I and my girlfriend had a lot of problems when we were smoking, constant wheezing, constant cold, tachycardia etc… I can tell you that from when we started vaping instead of smoking we never had those problems again. We do not experience those things anymore, even the external thing, no smell, no more discomfort on talking with someone that doesn’t smoke after you finished a cigarette.
-Vincenzo: But you know we are trying to fight a big business.
BIG THANKS TO WOOD VAPE FOR PARTICIPATING IN THIS INTERVIEW AND ALSO BIG CONGRATULATIONS FOR THEIR SECOND ANNIVERSARY, WISH YOU THE BEST FOR THE FUTURE!
I am Lorenzo from Italy, a writer of The Vaping Times and the owner of Blog LorenzotheVaper. If you want to know more about me, you can check my personal blog.